One of the things on our family fall bucket list was a visit to the pumpkin patch. And one of the good things about a preschool aged child is that almost every preschool takes a trip to the pumpkin patch in the fall. So go to the pumpkin patch-it’s now checked off the list. And hayride? Yup, it’s checked off too! I don’t know if we’ll find time in our crazy schedule to get to a pumpkin patch as a family this year but I’d like to! And I wouldn’t mind going back to this one! It was very cute and very close to home which is a plus!
So our favorite things to do at the pumpkin patch?
1) Feed the farm animals! This farm had sheep, goats, cows, a donkey, a pony, a llama, bunnies, chickens, turkeys and a swan. Micah wasn’t too sure about feeding the animals at first. I think he was afraid they would bite him! But once he saw me feed a few of them and finding some that ate “slow” instead of quickly nipping for the food he decided it was actually quite fun.
2. Hayrides. What’s better than climbing in to a cart filled with bales of hale and being pulled around by a bright green tractor? Especially when you’re 4?! Absolutely nothing! We sat the back of the cart, closet to the tractor. Micah loved watching the big wheels work to pull the cart, especially when we had to go up a muddy hill.
3. Obviously the biggest draw about the pumpkin patch- going out into the field and getting to pick a pumpkin! Each of the kids got to pick a little pumpkin. And I was impressed…they weren’t just thrown out into the field. They were actually attached to the vine! (I’m not sure if that was the case for the bigger pumpkins or not.) Micah had to pull hard to get his favorite pumpkin off the vine. And then he chose one for Eli too! We’re cleaning them up and adding them to our Halloween/Fall mantle.
4. Playing on the playground equipment. After we got back from the patch the kids had a snack and then had the chance to run around on the playground equipment for a while. This farm has a great playground complete with a train, a bus, and a pirate ship, all wooden. They also had a sandbox which is always a big hit!
5. And of course for mommy one of the best things is posing them in front of the cute displays and
getting trying to get a decent picture!
It may have been chilly but it really was a perfect fall day at the farm!
Head on over and check out more lists at List It Tuesday! Have a great one everybody!