I’ve decided to try to join in on the fun over at List It Tuesday, co-hosted by Angie at Many Little Blessings and Kriss at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers. The link up party has been around forever. In fact it used to be called Tuesday Top 10 and was hosted over at Oh Amanda. Angie decided to switch things up a bit when she started hosting and changed the format so that any list could be included. It didn’t have to be a top 10, or top 5, or top anything, as long as it is in list format. Which is great because my mommy brain can’t always come up with 10 things!
So without further ado, here’s my List It: Fall Edition.
1. The weather is really starting to cool off here which is wonderful! The humidity of the summer is one of the hardest parts of living in the Ohio River Valley. But fall is perfect! The nights are getting chilly (in fact, it’s gotten in to the 40’s every night for almost a week now!) and the days are mild, highs mid 70s at the highest. That means windows can stay open all day and our air conditioner finally gets a much needed break! It also means more outside time which is perfect for this little guy.
2. Boots, sweaters, scarves, sweatshirts..need I say more?!?
3. Fall foliage
4. Fall decorations..inside. So far the dining room is the only room looking like fall. I need Steven to get up in the garage and get the fall decorations box down. My faux mantel is need of some fall love!
5. And out! My mom found the these adorable scarecrows at LTD and I LOVE them! We need to go to the pumpkin patch and add a few pumpkins to the decor. Maybe a hay bale or two. Some corn stalks. So fun!
6. Pumpkin….everything! I love burning my Pumpkin Spice candle from Yankee Candles at least a little while every day. I baked some pumpkin bread a while ago. I think next time I’ll cut the recipe in half though and only make one loaf. I’m not sure my family loves pumpkin as much as I do! But that’s OK! I’ll brew my cup of Pumpkin Spice coffee from Archer Farms from Target every morning and smile to myself!
7. Footballs back baby!! And our Bengals are on a roll so far after beating both our biggest rivals, the Pittsburgh Steelers last Monday on Monday Night Football and the Green Bay Packers this past Sunday. We took the kids to get Bengals gear last weekend before the big Monday night game. And we quickly remembered why we’ve never done that before…official NFL gear is EXPENSIVE!! But the kids loved their new shirts and we loved showing our team pride as we sent Big Ben home crying! WHO DEY!!!
8. I’m looking forward to making some family memories over these next few months. Zoo trips, pumpkin patch, apple picking, a fall camping trip (maybe to the Red River Gorge), leave fights, hiking trips to look at the fall foliage that is so beautiful in this area, mugs of hot chocolate and hot apple cider, Brianna’s 9th birthday, Thanksgiving. Oh yeah! Lots of memories to be made!
9. What’s your favorite thing about fall?
So there you have it! My first List It Tuesday! Head on over and check out more lists from the link up!