Over on one of my favorite blogs, Our Motto is Patience Shelly is participating in the 2nd Annual Comment Challenge over at Jenna’s Journey. I didn’t hear of this last year but I think the concept is great! From today (July 4th) through next Monday our challenge is to visit 10 of the blogs on the linky list and comment on their post, because, well, what blogger doesn’t love comments right!?!! And I’m sure like I did when I participated in the Ultimate Blog Party over at 5 Minutes for Mom last year I’ll find a few new blogs to follow, which is always fun!
I liked Shelly’s idea of doing a top 10 list so here’s my top 10 to introduce you to me during the comment challenge.
1) I was raised Mormon, but converted to Catholicism in 2007. I love being Catholic and am very involved in my Parish, including cantoring during Masses, teaching 8th grade Confirmation prep in our Parish School of Religion, and being a part of a women’s retreat team called CRHP (pronounced “chirp”) and stands for “Christ Renews His Parish”, just to name a few!
2) I love theater and was very active in my high school drama club (I played Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz..how fun is that!??!!) I was going to major in theater, but I didn’t. So now I sustain my thirst for theater by attending touring Broadway shows, frequenting local theater groups and participating in my parish’s drama club.
3) I love to travel. Last summer we took a 10 day road trip and went to Washington DC, Baltimore, MD and Lake Erie, OH. I am currently trying to put together a group tour to Italy summer of 2013, which will be an ultimate dream come true!
4) I have a degree in Middle School Education, and my areas of concentration are math and science. I haven’t taught since I graduated in December of 2008 because I opted to stay home with my children instead. I LOVE being a stay at home mom, even on the days that my kids (ages 6, 4 and 2) are absolutely driving me nuts! 😉
5) I love FlyLady! I think she is amazing! And I swear that my house looks as good as it does because her steps actually work! I am a Flybaby and I am proud of it!
6) I started couponing about 1 year ago, but got really into it in the past 6 months. I love being able to bring my grocery bill down (especially on healthy and beauty items, and diapers!), but I refuse to become and extreme hoarder, uh, I mean couponer! (I will NOT dumpster dive for coupons! That is just gross!!!!) However, I am very proud of the 5 tubes of toothpaste I got this week for $0.30 ($.06 a piece, all I paid was tax!!!) and the 5 Dove deodorants I got for a $1 a piece! You gotta love a deal like that! lol
7) I started scrapbooking in 2000 and I still love it, even though I don’t have much time to do it nowadays. I love to attend crops (especially 12 hour ones, or longer!) I get so much done and have a great time hanging out with other scrapbookers! That is my idea of a great time!
8) I met and started dating my husband when I was 17. We dated for 4 years and were married in 2003. (yes, I was 21!) I have had 3 kids in 7 years. We’ve survived building a house (with my mom who we share the house with), a miscarriage (only about 2 months ago), family drama, financial hardships, and just life in general. But I love him as much now as I did then, probably more. And I’m so glad that he chose me to share his life with!
9) I watch way too much TV, not kidding! And the only thing that keeps me from turning off the cable, is me! I am a movie junkie too! My husband still doesn’t understand why I would want to buy a movie that I’ve already seen…I don’t understand why he doesn’t get it! lol
10) I have sorely neglected this blog lately and am vowing to kick start things this summer! I have some plans for a new weekly line up (with themes for each day of the week) and I hope I’ll see some new faces joining me on this ride! So thanks for stopping by, and I hope I’ll see you around a lot!
Stop by Jenna’s Journey and check out and comment on some more blogs! I think this will be a great way for you to find more followers and make some new bloggy friends (and who doesn’t love that!!!) Happy 4th of July everybody! I hope you have a great day and celebrate our wonderful country today! And if you see a solider please thank them for their service to our country!